There are lots of reasons for having a website. You probably have one for more than one of the following reasons:
- Your website provides information to your customers
- Your website increase your credibility
- Your competitors have a website
- Your website is a sales tool
- Your website is a brochure
- Your website provides a lot of advertising for the money
- You can test new product ideas from a website very inexpensively
- Your website promotes your business day and night
- Your clients and potential customers search the web for their needs. Your website is there so they can find you.
For a website to be useful it must get traffic, in other words, visitors who arrive at your site. Of course you know this already. And maybe you are happy with the level of traffic you receive on your site.
Do you want more traffic arriving at your website? Do you want more qualified visitors? When people search for your product or industry, do you want them to find your site? Surely the answer is yes, otherwise you wouldn't have a website!
There are many ways to drive traffic to your website. Search engine optimization is popular and deservedly so. It provides the following great benefits:
- Visitors can find you from Google, Yahoo, MSN and other search engines.
- Finding a website by search engine builds credibility
- Visitors tend to qualify themselves by the search terms they use
- Your advertising campaign is always running
- Provides invaluable market research information
- Search engine optimization caters to your clients, who are using search to find you or your products.